We always welcome volunteers to share the work of keeping the church and its activities running smoothly. Many people give
their time and talents in many different ways.
We've listed below most of the activities in which many of the congregation and others contribute to the work of the church.
- Maintaining the planting around the graveyards - you don't need to be an expert gardener!
- The uniformed organisations - Beavers/Cubs/Scouts and Rainbows/Brownies always welcome enquiries for new prospective
members, and more help with each of the group's meetings is also warmly welcomed. Anyone offering to help working with children
would of course need the relevant child protection checks first, but the church would help you with this process.
- The church is cleaned every week and also for special occaisions
- Delivering the Church Magazine or leaflets
- Door to door collections for Christian Aid Week
- The Christmas Fair and other social/fundraising events - an especially rewarding activity because of the camaraderie evoked
through the teamwork which is part of the work in raising money for the church.
- New members are always welcome to join the bell ringing team. Please contact Peter Randall - 0161 620 5421 - to arrange coming
along to the beginner's classes.
- The choir also happily encourage new members, and anyone interested should speak to the choir master and organist
Peter Weston (0161 624 8767).
- Members of the congregation take part in the reading of lessons and intercessions at our main service on Sunday. If you
would like to be join this group of volunteers, please speak to the vicar.
- The Ladies’ groups would be more than happy for you to simply turn up at their meetings, but if you'd prefer to speak to
someone first, please ring Corinne Ogden (0161 626 7537) or Lisa Slater (0161 624 2434) for the STYLE group(age group 18 - 50,
or Lynn Weston (0161 624 8767) for the Ladies’ Group(over 50s).
- The Teddy Praise service is a new venture for pre-school children and their carers and all parents are welcome to bring their
children along on Friday afternoons during term time from 1.30 to 2.45.
If you would like more information or to speak to somebody about getting involved please ring the vicar on 0161 626 0681 or one
of the churchwardens, Corinne (0161 626 7537) or Lisa (0161 624 2434).
You'll be warmly welcomed.