St Thomas' Church High School Application Policy
Many of the children attending church and/or Sunday School, move on to one of the excellent Church High Schools in the area.
To assist parents, we have detailed below the church's policy and procedures for dealing with church school applications. We have also
shown the criteria for being accredited with full points by Crompton House and Blue Coats schools.
Parents should apply to the school of their choice for details of their policies regarding their awards of lower points.
Policy and Procedure for High School Applications
- There will be a panel of people consisting of the church vicar, the current church wardens, a previous church warden and a
member of staff from Sunday school. The panel are the sole individuals who will assess the school application forms
- The duty of the panel is to ensure the accurate Sunday school/church attendance records are used in all applications. The
panel will allocate a time when the panel will go through each form and registers in order to award the correct points. It
is also the duty of the panel to return the forms back to parents/carers within the set time frame recorded below.
- Application forms must be given to the vicar by the first Sunday in Oct, any application forms given after this day will
not be accepted
- Applications will be kept by the panel until the 3rd Sunday in October at the latest
- Once application forms are given back to parents/carers there will be no appeal process, the panelís decision is final.
- Attendance of children in Sunday school will be recorded weekly in a register held by Sunday school staff. If Sunday school
is closed parents/carers/children must still attend church to be awarded attendance marks
- Children who do not attend Sunday school but do attend church, parents must inform the church vicar or wardens each week of
Crompton House Church of England School
In order to be accredited with the maximum pointís parents/carers/child must have attended church/Sunday school for 36 or more
Sundays each year for 5 or more years. If you and your child have more than 16 Sundays out a possible 52 non attendance each year
you cannot be awarded full points
The Blue Coat School
In order to be accredited with the maximum points parents/carers/child must attended church/Sunday school for 45 or more Sundays
in each year for 4 years or more. If you and your child have more than 7 Sundays out of a possible 52 non attendance each year you
cannot be awarded full points